Wednesday, 18 July 2012

The King's Pleasure - Review

In the kingdom of Himeros, Abigail is despised for her gypsy heritage. Pushed to the fringes of society, she’s forced to break the law in order to help feed her family. When a castle guard catches her stealing bread, he intends to cut off her hand for the offence. Niall has just taken the throne and is determined to prove he isn’t a monster like his father. Awakened by the cries of a gypsy, he spares her from the guard’s blade and takes her as his slave instead. When he learns she doesn’t understand the kingdom’s carnal ways, he becomes determined to strip her of all inhibitions until her every desire is in service to the king’s pleasure.


Disclaimer: Received for an honest review. 
**Summary taken from Goodreads** 




The King's Pleasure
Gorgeous Cover Art
With any Kitty Thomas book, she takes you places not many other authors do. The third book in her erotic fairytale collection 'The King's Pleasure' is no exception. It has an 'olden day' feel to the story, despite the Kingdom having modern conveniences such as electricity and showers, I kind of liked that aspect, it made the whole slave and King relationship more plausible for me.  


This book plays heavily on non consensual Master and Slave acts, and as I say with all Kitty stories, they're not for everyone, the more vanilla reader may not like the bondage or sharing the sexual wealth, as Niall does with Abigail, But I enjoy the brand of kink she writes about. It's hot in a forbidden kind of way, exploring a female's inner wants before she even know she wants them! 


Except for the dog. Lawd. No, I didn't like that part. I thought Kitty was beyond shocking me since I think I've read all her kinky tales. But tossing an animal into the mix, my eyes they burn! I don't ever EVER think my kinky tastes would ever stretch that far. Poor pup. Bad Bad King Niall! 


Abigail is innocent in the ways of a King's slave, and despite a little shyness, takes to all the sexual feasts and orgies like a proverbial perverse duck to kinky water. She's soon kneeling at his feet, mouth open willingly for all the delights he wants her to experience and endure. Niall, I thought, was a good character, for the whole, He was a fair King, only new to the Himeros throne, and knew he wanted half gypsy Abigail as his only slave in his harem to bridge the gap between his people and the gypsies. He takes care of Abigail's family, and banishes anyone who even dare question him having her as his own. 
But then towards the end, he turned into a jackass of huge proportions making the balance of "like" for him diminish. Once again, Bad King Niall. 


Favourite quotes: 

His invasion was delicious and decadent 
“Not yet, little one. I want you to beg me for it.”
What was happening between them was mild  and probably nothing compared to his dark and perverted appetites, 



For all KT fans and fans of hot kinky toy wielding bondage stories, this is a must for your shelves and e-readers. I enjoyed meeting these characters and seeing into their perverse world. 


I give The King's Pleasure by Kitty Thomas 3.5 Sparkles out of 5. Spankilicious! 











2 Speak to Me:

Minx said...

Dog? Great review CB very honest, I think I will read Comfort Food before I try this one. But I do love the cover!!

Victoria said...

How could I have missed this book?! I love those quotes! Will read ASAP!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.