Thursday, 6 January 2011

Touched by an Alien - Review

How can a sexy marketing manager join forces with an Alpha Centauri male in Armani to save the planet-using hairspray, a Mont Blanc pen, and rock n' roll?

Easy...

She's Touched by an Alien 


Marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt steps into the middle of what appears to be a domestic dispute turned ugly. And it only gets uglier when the man turns into a winged monster, straight out of a grade-Z horror movie, and goes on a killing spree. Though Kitty should probably run away, she springs into action to take the monster down. 

In the middle of the chaos a handsome hunk named Jeff Martini appears, sent by the "agency" to perform crowd control. He's Kitty's kind of guy, no matter what planet he's from. And from now on, for Kitty, things are going to be sexy, dangerous, wild, and out of this world.

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


I'm not the biggest fan of Urban Fantasy, i'm too much of a romance girl to be patient for the mushy things  to come up in an UF, so to toss me into a SCI-FI book and expect me to like it was an unthinkable thing...HOWEVER i'd heard around Twitter and the Blogverse about this book Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch, i'd read many reviews and like all kids i wanted in with the IN crowd so i bought it, and i have a big thank you to Bells for bigging it up hugely on her blog, i never would have taken the push to dive into a genre that had previously not interested me because paint me pink and colour me excited  i LOVED this book, no that's too weak a word, i ADORED this book!  


While not everything held my attention, i loved the characters, it takes a lot A LOT for a heroine for me to like her, most are too whiny, too butch, too prissy, too wimpy that it takes all my effort not to want to smack them in the face repeatedly with many blunt objects, but Kitty, i loved her! she's so smart, and funny that i kind of wanted to be her *laughs* She doesn't hide away from the enormity of the situation, and it is a hell of a situation for a human to grasp, she just gets on and deals with it. 


You wouldn't expect a sci fi book to be funny (or is that just my thinking?) but right from the beginning this book had me giggling and then laughing out loud, i have to give much kudos to Koch she writes some funny things for her characters! Along with the humour, there's snark, oh i love snark! Give me a sarcastic character and i swoon. Koch had me hooked in fully with the wonderful dialogue and the plot is fast paced so you never feel like it's dragging. 


Quotes i loved: 
"My crazy's working a lot better than your sanity." 


"I'll marry you before any tree on Earth."


Whilst there is a lot of characters to keep up with, a first book you expect this, the main three, Kitty, Martini (swoon!) and Christopher are all wonderful to read and get to know, I'm already a Martini girl (love his name!) he had me right from the start, he's so charming and funny and hella gorgeous that you'd have to be made out of stone not to get a little excited in the panties area when he comes on the page. He engaged my attention like any great book boyfriend  can, but i have to say, Christopher has his own charms too and i am intrigued with this love triangle scenario i see brewing. 


If you're looking for an action packed, funny, snarky book full of kick ass heroes and a heroine who carries lethal weapons in her purse, sex scenes to make your eyes steam over and aliens that look like they stepped off the pages of GQ then you HAVE to read Touched by an Alien. Put it on your TBR right now! 


The second book in the series "Alien Tango" is sat patiently waiting for me to pick it up, i can't wait to see these characters again. 


I give Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch 4 Sparkles out of 5! An out of this world Read! 


For Author/Release info go HERE 


Smooch!





10 Speak to Me:

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

YAY!! This was my fave new series of 2010 and Alien Tango my fave book of 2010! Im so happy you loved Kitty! she rocks! =D

Bells said...

Great review Bearsy. It was honest and I could feel how you truly felt about the book. I'm so happy that you took a chance on reading it and enjoyed it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Alien Tango. :)

Sparklybearsy said...

@Larissa Hi babes! its SO on my top reads for 2010, what a surprising book it was. LOVED!

@Bells! Bellsamia!! if it wasnt for you id never know my new love Martini!! *kiss kiss*

thanks for dropping by lovelies =)

Amber Scott said...

I, too, swooned over Martini! So glad you gave this one a chance. Methinks we shall be in the know back before the rest of the world get Alien fever.

Mandi said...

I just read it too..it surprised me! I liked it :)

Sparklybearsy said...

@Amber I think you're right hun! it's always a lovely treat when you think you wont like a book and end up loving it, it really is made of awesome. :)

@Mandi I know right! very surprising! right from the start it hooked me in.

thanks for stopping by! :)

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I'm so glad you liked this one! I love Kitty and Martini-maybe it's the Aramini, but I just have the biggest crush on Martini.

Sparklybearsy said...

@buckeye girl isnt he just wonderful? all that charm and funny, i was swooning throughout the book.

Lynette said...

Sigh. You guys are going to totally make me cave ans shell out money for this book when I've been trying to avoid doing so. LOL!

Twimom227 said...

AWESOME REVIEW! I used to read sci-fi exclusively (before I discovered romance!) and so I think that I would totally love this book... I've read so many great reviews. Ah - I just have to get off my butt and make the time to read it. Thanks for the great review and Happy New Year!! *HUGS*

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.