Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Just Call Me...Rita Book 1984 - Review

Just call me...Rita BOOK 1984 Who could be so careless as to lose their diaries in a park of all places? Who could be so callous as to find and print them for anyone to read? Planning and scheming, quite the squalid lifestyle to be ashamed of. If you think this is another once upon a time? Bah-bye. If youre expecting a sugarcoated memoir, check the next aisle over. If you want reality in its most raw, potent form, then take a peek inside the life of a lecherous, dissipated twenty-year old. Come see what makes Rita, a buxom, brunette tick. Read all about a life of relentless debauchery in the 80's. Follow her sordid journey from Toronto to Los Angeles . Yah, trust me, theres never a dull moment. 


Disclaimer: Received for Review.  


I didn't know what to expect when i received Just call me..Rita Book 1984. Having never heard of author  or book, but i was excited to dive in and find out all about this disturbed young girl Rita and read about her life. 
I wish i could say i loved it. I can't even tell you much about it, since i only managed to read thirty some pages and just had to give up. I found the myriad of characters on the first few pages and the constant slang terms off putting. 
Set in the 80's it shows Rita's decadent lifestyle, i wished i could have stuck with it, i've subsequently read some good reviews on it, but it's just one book that wasn't for me. I'd never not recommend a book, i think it's always up to the individual reader to make their own choices, if you like the synopsis then give it a go. 


Rated: DNF. 







2 Speak to Me:

Jenni_Benni said...

Well shit, i know you hate when you don't like a book Bearsy. you cant like them all though right?

thanks for the honest review babes!

Glory said...

Merry christmas!!! and happy new year, smooch

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.