Saturday, 9 October 2010

Coming Undone - Review

KEEPING IT TOGETHER Brody Brown has always been responsible for others. After his parents’ death, he gave up a promising artistic career to care for his younger brother and sister. Now, with his siblings grown, Brody owns his own business, has a nice house, makes a nice living, and for the first time in years he’s on his own. Elise Sorenson has come to Seattle with her young daughter to find peace. After years as a world-famous ballerina—(and just as many years in a marriage-gone-bad)—she’s looking for neither love nor attention. But she finds both in the handsome, honest man who befriends her with no strings attached. More than friends, Brody and Elise discover in each other what they need—wild, physical passion without commitment. But it’ll take a shadow from Elise’s past to make them look beyond what they need—to what they truly desire. 

**Summary taken from Goodreads**


Coming Undone by Lauren Dane is the second book in the Brown Siblings Series. it follows on from the brilliant 'Laid Bare' What i know about a Dane book is, she will draw you quickly into the story and make you care about the characters. Brody and Elise together were so engaging. 
It took a hit and run accident involving Brody for the pair to have their first connection, and they soon fall into an intense passionate friends with benefits relationship. Elise trying to get over her bad marriage and subsequent fraught continuing relationship with her ex in-laws she is gun shy of getting into any kind of relationship with a man, she's closed herself off from love and romance  but she wants Brody in the most primal of ways. 
When these two come together (yes, pun intended ha!) it is explosive and hot. Dane sure does know how to write sexy scenes, and darn if she's not invented! There is several sexy scenes that takes place at Elise's dance studio that will make your eyes steam over. Dane brings it hardcore! I love this author, and not just 'cause she gives me good smut! he! 
I really liked Elise, she is fiercely protective of her little girl and will do anything to keep her safe, and yet she's not so tough that she becomes un-likeable. Her relationship with her parents is so sweet, i loved them too and her daughter is too cute for words. 


But what i love best about this series is the Brown family. Brody is a wonderful Alpha Male. Loving and caring, he looks after everyone like a papa bear but has a bad boy exterior. RAWR and is hella sex on legs. Seriously the man exudes a raw sexual heat that would melt and will melt you. And! if you really appreciate a dirty talker, Brody is your man! wow is all i can say. He isn't shy in saying what he wants when he wants it. 
Favourite Quote:
"Like I need to play on the Wii when you're there willing to fuck me. Video games are what men invented to fill the sex void. Any man who chooses video games over sex deserves to live in his mother's basement with his mint-condition, in box Star Wars figurines and his real doll." 
Along with Brody, we see Erin again (from Laid Bare) and her delicious Husbands Ben and Todd, oh my! i was excited to see them again, i adored LB and to see their progression in life was so nice. And then there is Adrian Brown, rock star, brother and my new obsession! I want! I have an excited trepidation for his book, because i have a feeling who his gal will be, someone from this book who i wanted to bitch slap and then bitch slap again just for the hell of it. If it is her, i know if anyone can make me change my opinion on a character the Dane can! 
Coming Undone is a book  you will want on your bookshelves. it is beautifully written, drawing you into the lives of Brody and Elise, it wraps you in family, love, romance, heated passion and leaves you smiling at its last word. I can't say enough how much i loved this book! 
'Loved it. Buy it. read it. the end!' 
I give Coming Undone by Lauren Dane 4 Sparkles out of 5! An unforgettable Love Story! 
For author/release info go HERE 


Smooch! 

5 Speak to Me:

Bells said...

I love the Brown siblings as well. They care about each other so much and I truly felt that as I was reading their stories. I can't wait to read Cope's story next month. Great review! :D

Mar said...

Ok...uhm...well...how do I put this where it doesn't sound like this...I love the Dane, I madly crush on this woman hard, her books are amazing and if I could have her babies I would.

*fangirl-squeee*

Seriously, I've read the first one in this series and loved it. Soon I will be starting Coming Undone and swooning my ass off over Brody.

Lovely review, Claire.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Bells I love their family so much! SQUEAK! i didn't know Cope was next! He caught my eye too! =D

@Mar hahahahah i am knowing about your Dane crush, my lovely, you've gave me the 'Hands Off' evol glare many times, but i cant help it that The Dane is awesomesauce!!!

You're going to love this book Mar, LOVE!! oh my goodness, i can just imagine all your emails as you're reading. Squee! and remember....Brody is Mine!!!!

thanks for dropping by girls. =)

SpazP said...

I looooved Laid Bare and cannot wait to read this one!!!

Sparklybearsy said...

@SpazP Pam! you will love it, it's made of pure sticky awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.