Tuesday, 28 September 2010

No Mercy - Review

Dev Peltier thought he knew it all. But one night when not just a Dark-Hunter, but an official member of the Dogs of War sashays into his bar, he realizes that he might have met his match. Sam was one the fiercest Amazon warrior in her tribe. But when an act of brutal betrayal made her a Dark-Hunter, she's been pissed ever since. Life fast, fight hard and enjoy the night. That's her credo. But as old enemies and new move into New Orleans, she realizes that Dev just might be the only hope she and mankind have to save the world.

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


It's not enough that the Daimons suck human souls to live, they can now walk in the sun, further  threatening the Dark Hunters, Were Hunters and the human world. Dev Peltier, a Were Bear, bouncer at Sanctuary a former safe place for all things were meets sexy Amazon Dark Hunter Samia, chemistry is in the air and the two, plus were and dark hunter colleagues must battle to stop the Daimons before the world literally goes to hell. 


My Thoughts: 
Oh.My.Goodness!! Sherrilyn Kenyon Brought IT with No Mercy. I'd never been a fan of the Peltiers in any of the previous books, they were there but not really on my radar. i was too enamoured by the wolves (VANE!!) but wow did Dev explode onto the page and demand my attention! You can't help but love him and his humour and sarcasm that rolls out of his mouth naturally. I loved Dev and Sam together, they have to deal with a lot of issues, past and present but the connection between then both never wavered or got lost in the myriad of other things going on. 
Sam is one fierce determined Amazon. loved her! I wasn't sure i would, a female Dark Hunter, i assumed she'd be too far on the fierce side she'd be un-likeable, but her vulnerable side she kept hidden was so endearing and it was awesome to see she wasn't pushed to the sidelines to be rescued by a male. That girl had it in hand! 


Lots of other things going on in Kenyon's Dark Hunter world. I know for some there is too much detail, but i don't know if it's the authors writing style or just because i am so submerged in the characters that i didn't mind the additional repeated information or new characters being tossed into the mix. 


For any Dark Hunter fanatic (raises hand here) there are a few moments in No Mercy that made my heart hurt and i don't see any resolution to it for a long time. Characters are going down roads that just in a word make me eek. I don't want to watch but i must because these are characters i've fallen in love with. Even the ones i love to hate. 


No Mercy has everything you'd expect from a Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Hunter novel, some of the best dialogue you'll ever read in any book, humour, sarcasm, goodies, baddies, goodies that are now baddies, baddies that can be goodies too, sex, romance, kick ass fight scenes, old characters, new characters, laugh out loud moments, tug at your heart strings moments, and much more! You're going to fall hard for Dev, you wont be able to stop yourself. I couldn't. And i even got a little girl crush on Samia. 
I can't wait to see more of the Dogs of War. 
Oh...and Savitar...was never much on my radar either. He is now. S'all i'm saying! 
Favourite Quotes: 
"Boy, you knock on the devil's door and he will head slam you through the wall." 


"Living was okay,but it wasn't the breaths people took that measured a life. It was the moments that took those breaths away that mattered the most. And Dev did that every time he looked at her. Naked or not." 


Such a wonderful enjoyable read, i can't gush enough about this series and where Kenyon is taking it. She is my Goddess and i will worship at her feets (ShutUP! heh!) 


The next book is Jesse Sundown in 'Redemption' due for release Aug 2011. Xcited!! I've waited for this cowboy for eons it seems! 
I give No Mercy by Sherilyn Kenyon 4.5 sparkles out of 5! A Bear-rific read! 
For author/release info go HERE 
Smooch! 









9 Speak to Me:

Rayvenne Black said...

This sounds intriguing! I like the first quote alot :)

Paranormal Haven said...

I expected or just wanted more out of their mating. Just felt a little lacking for a were mating. Great review. Love the quotes.


Stephanie G
Paranormal Haven

Redd said...

BEARSY!!! GIMME MY BOOK BACK!! LOL! J/K I *LOVES* Amazons...always wanted to be one which is why I had preordered mine while back and got the book. Although, I have to say I *really* like the above cover better. *grins*

Does yours look like that? Will I be jealous? Would I have to swim overseas to come steals it? XD Werebears are starting to show *major* hottness, Bearsy...I gotta give you a list of the steamy ones I read. They're a guttergirl's dream! XD

Twimom227 said...

I totally just skimmed your review b/c I started reading the book today. I love the Dark Hunter series but found them "late" in the game - in fact, I was able to read all of the stories back-to-back up to Acheron's book. Which I loved b/c the mythology is so complex. But now that I'm only reading once a year - I find it hard to stay "in the game." Only 75 pages in, I'm already feeling a bit "lost" when it comes to the mythology - doing the whole guessing game as to trying to recall what happened in earlier books. If I had the time, I would love to start over again... wouldn't you?!

Sparklybearsy said...

@Rayvenne I adore the great quotes SK gives in her books =)

@paranormal Haven you did? i didn't mind the mating, its how it happens with the were's. My fave mating was Vane and Bride. Yum!

@Redd Surprisingly i prefer the UK cover too, i dont usually. If you order from Book Depository they always stock both covers =)

@Twimom Hope you're liking the book so far Jen! you're soooo lucky to have been able to read all the DHers in one go, i had a long 2 yr wait for Acheron, gawds i was ravenous by the time it was released. Yeah i can understand getting lost, SK has built such a huge world, its why i dont mind when she repeats details in each book as a little reminder.
Oh YES!! if there wasnt so many new books and reviews to do, id LOVE to go back to Fantasy Lover and begin the series again (i couldnt read the first part of Acheron again though, too difficult, i bawled!) I will one day! i just re read WARDs dark lover for fun, so there is hope for re reads lol!!


thanks all for stopping by!! =)

Lily of Darkness said...

Oh I want to read it so bad.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Lily oh you must hun, its sooo good!

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books) said...

Sorry for the random comment but I have an award for you at http://anabundanceofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a good weekend.

Minx said...

I missed this first time round coz I hadn't read the book, but I have now, I loved it too!

YAY for Dev!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.