Monday, 2 August 2010

Siren's Call - ARC Review

Between desire and love there are some things that can’t stay buried, even in the deep of the ocean. As a woman with a secret, lighthouse keeper Tessa Lonike savors her solitude on the island of Little Mer, off the coast of Maine. During a violent storm, Tessa spots a man thrashing in the ice cold waters and dives in to save him, using her ability as a mermaid to easily pull him to shore. When Kenneth Randall awakens on the beach he is alone, left with the haunting memory of his beautiful, flame-haired savior. But a year later, when Kenneth meets her again, he’s determined not to let Tessa slip away. Just as the desire between them begins to burn, Tessa’s archaeologist ex-lover comes back to town with a tantalizing clue to her murky heritage. The trio travel to the Mediterranean in search of answers, and when Tessa inadvertently opens an underwater portal they find a lost mermaid city. But in the deep, not everything is as it seems, and Tessa must decide if she wants to take her place as the royal heir, or follow the call of her heart…

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 
Disclaimer: ARC copy provided by author for an honest review. 



Siren's Call by Devyn Quinn was my first foray into the mermaid world and a first read from this author and i wasn't disappointed. It tells the tale of Kenneth and Tessa, Kenneth at his lowest point after suffering a terrible loss wants to end his life, Tessa a Mermaid uses her mermaid abilities and rescuses him.
I liked that it wasn't instant love at first finn,Tessa is wary and cautious of Kenneth, not really wanting him around after he returns when he is emotionally healed. I did enjoy the sexual chemistry between them, i love when an author builds such delicious tension between her characters.

With Siren's Call you get a lovely romance, twists and turns with the plot, a different paranormal story to sink your teeth into, characters to love and love to hate.

The author takes you on a fascinating ride through mermaid mythology. I wasn't too sure when the story seemed to take a turn into sci-fi it gave me a HUH moment and i lost concentration a little.
Overall it is a nice tale, something different from all the vampires, werewolves and demons out there. And the second book in the series sees Gwen, Tessa's sister take centre stage, Siren's Surrender is out in February 2011!

I give Siren's Call by Devyn Quinn 3 stars out of 5. 
For author/release info go HERE
Siren's Call is released 3rd Aug. 

Smooch!






12 Speak to Me:

Leontine said...

I seem to have more and more books with mermaid mythology and I'm lovin' them up so far. Currently reading Vivian Arend's WHIRLPOOL and yummy again LOL

Siren's Call is definitely a book that is on my radar, thanks Sparklybearsy :)

Sparklybearsy said...

@Leontine Hi hun! this was my first, but now mermaids are on my radar im gonna be looking for more, id be interested to read a mer-man story too! thanks for stopping by! =)

Diana (Book of Secrets) said...

I don't remember reading any books with a mermaid heroine. I have this book on pre-order, so I'll be reading one soon! I'm not too keen on sci-fi, so we'll just see how it goes...

Diana ♥ Book of Secrets

Sparklybearsy said...

@Diana the sci fi element was just a small section, it's a lovely tale, especially for a first mermaid book for me, looking forward to hearing what you think of it hun :)

thanks for stopping by

StephTheBookworm said...

I read Siren by Tricia Rayburn and really liked it, so I may check this one out!

Sparklybearsy said...

I haven't heard of that one, ill have to check it out! thanks for stopping by steph :)

Minx said...

OOOO I have never tried a Mermaid, it intrugues me as much as Gargoyles!

Thanks for putting it on my radar Bear!

Sparklybearsy said...

@Minx hope you like it hun! =)

Devyn Quinn said...

Thanks for your review. Appreciate your time!

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

ooooh nice!! great review hon, this looks interesting =D

xoxo

Sparklybearsy said...

@Devyn Eeeks! thanks for stopping by! =)

@Larissa thanks hun! it is! im looking forward to seeing the next mermaid story :)

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

cool! I like when we get a dif kind of supernatural to read hehe LOL

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.