Monday, 30 August 2010

Mated - Review

Because of the vampiric blood in her veins, Jane has been a target for vampires who resent a human being “kindred.” She’s forced to disguise herself as a vampire groupie to appease them and safeguard her life. When she’s abruptly given to Cole, the leader of the werewolf pack, to satisfy a gambling debt, she discovers the blood running through her veins has a far greater impact on her destiny than she ever imagined.
**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


My fave cover in this series. check out Coles tat!
Nom!
Mated by Zoe Winters is Cole and Jane's story. Cole is an alpha to his wolf pack and Jane a human who is able to see the true face of vampires. Having had to pretend to be a vampire groupie to stay safe, she is taken by Cole in lieu of the debt vampire Paul owes him. 
When i first initially saw Paul and Jane in 'Claimed' i really liked him, i thought this book would be their story, his character took a 180 from cheeky cocky likeable vamp to abusive and ready to pimp out his girlfriend to the highest bidder. i was kind of sad about the character change for Paul, but then i met Cole and it was Paul Who? 


Cole is everything you want in an Alpha Male. Loyal, Protective, Gentle when needed, strong and with an alluring pull that will leave you wanting more from this wolf. (can you tell i kind of like him? ha!
Unsure of why he is keeping a tight hold on human Jane, he's almost prepared to go to war with the Vampires over her, he shows the girl kindness and a gentle strength she hasn't had before. Always having been afraid of the vamps Jane is also confused when the merest of touches of Cole has her aroused (the girl aint stupid, Cole is hot!


Sounds pretty much like a typical werewolf story meets girl falls in love..right? nope! toss into the mix a wolf pack member murdering humans, portals that lead to the demon realm, meeting a very interesting demon by the name of Cain (Need to see more of him!) a jealous omega, sizzling tension, scorching sexy times and a wolf that can tear jeans clean from your body before you can even blink, and what you get is another engaging read from the supernatural world Zoe Winters has built. 


I really enjoyed 'Mated' just enough tension, intrigued and romance to whet my appetite for more of this series. 
I give Mated by Zoe Winters 4 Sparkles out of 5! - A growl-tastic read! 
For Author/release info go HERE 


Smooch!

13 Speak to Me:

Danielle said...

Sounds like a good read.

Diana (Book of Secrets) said...

Cole sounds delicious...I loves me the alpha wolf-shifters!! I have this one to read, hopefully this weekend. I liked Paul in 'Claimed' so I'm surprised he turned out to be a jerk. Oh well, I can't wait to meet Cole!

Sparklybearsy said...

@Danielle it really is!! Its good to see into a new supernatural world =)

@Diana Oh my! you're going to love Cole, all those growls of him...Nom! Jane wants to lick over his tribal tattoo, you're going to want to too when you read him lol!! looking forward to hearing what you think of it =)

Sarah said...

I love Cole - he is one HOT alpha!! I hope we get to see more of Caine too, I think he could be interesting :o) Great review hun, I've added your link to my review

Sparklybearsy said...

@sarah thanks hun! Omgosh i hopw we see him too, the next full novel out is called 'save my soul' (i think) and i read someone on Goodreads say it was Cain's book! SQUEE!

Zoe Winters said...

LOL I'm always surprised by all the people who think Paul did a 180. I thought I left hints that he wasn't exactly a great guy in Claimed toward the end at the tournament, but maybe I was too subtle! :)

Thank you for the lovely review, so glad you liked it. I needed to see something good today because my buy link for the Kindle edition of Blood Lust isn't up at Amazon yet. (And contest is in progress. eeek!)

I also got you entered for the contest for the blog mention and stickying. I'm going through all my emails/messages right now.

Thanks!

Z

Zoe Winters said...

Oh, and sorry, I forgot to mention... Cain is my favorite character, I'll slip him in wherever I can. He's the villain of Save My Soul (next book, hopefully out by Christmas), then he gets a transition "save the cat" book so people can start to see his softer side, then he gets his own book. So there will be much more of Cain in the future.

Sparklybearsy said...

LOL! i may have to go back to Claimed and see this subtle about Paul cause i thought he was a nice guy =P Although to be fair i was pretty focused on Anthony at the time =D

I loved all three novellas, Stupid Amazon they're so slow with everything, even just posting a review it takea them up to 24 hrs to show it. it's ridic. Hope your contest and promo's goes well Zoe, everyone needs to read Blood Lust ASAP!!! =)

Sparklybearsy said...

Ooooooh i thought he was gonna be the hero of the book, i think i haz a pout LOL! i can like a villain though ;)

Zoe Winters said...

haha you'll probably like him even as the villain! And I've emailed the Amazon customer support people. (They don't have phone support for DTP). At the very latest I should have a buy link by Wednesday... hopefully sooner, though.

Sparklybearsy said...

I think im going to love him! just the small amount he was in 'mated' piqued my interest, i do love me a bad boy!

Stupid Amazon, they need to pull their finger out. hope they sort it soon for you =)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hi!

I found you through Cecile the Smutty Hussy...yap, and so glad I did...I like it here.

Hawk

Sparklybearsy said...

Hi Hawk! glad you found me, i loves being finded!!! MWAH!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.