Saturday, 10 July 2010

Rogue - Review

Okay, so cats don't always land on their feetI know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty. But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected with a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear... 
**Summary taken from Author website** 

For me, Rogue by Rachel Vincent the second book in her shifter series was a lot more enjoyable, the story had a beginning, middle and end and didn't feel at all like it floundered for longer than it should have. 
With any series i will tell you always to start at book one to fully connect and understand the characters, these books are very much follow ons from the previous.
Faythe is well and truly back into the fold of her family and pride, working as an enforcer, things happen to make me still question Faythe as a likeable heroine, Even with the most genuine intentions she seems to make things more difficult. In this book i didn't know why she was keeping secrets from her family, there seemed no reason for it, in most scenes she was having inner dialogue issues telling herself 'tomorrow' she would tell them. It irked me a little but i have to keep telling myself she is still young and adjusting to a situation she didn't want to be in and i can see the author is going to take her from a self centred moody girl and make her into someone very much likeable. 
There was much character growth in 'Rogue' especially for Faythe's parents, i really like them. Not much Marc or Jace, im hoping that is rectified in book three. 
A nice steady paced character building book, i am enjoying this series and look forward to diving into 'Pride' 

I give Rogue by Rachel Vincent 3 Sparkles out of 5! 
For author info/releases go HERE 

Smooch!



8 Speak to Me:

tori aka ggs_closet said...

Great review! I'm glad I wasn't the only one with a slight prob with Marc and Jace. A wonderful exciting series overall though. I enjoy it. Im on book 4 if I can ever get the pdf file to open. lol

Patti (Book Addict) said...

I love this series, and one of the things I like is the growth of the characters with each book. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Minx said...

Great review, this seems like a really interesting series. I do like a series which has a connecting arc... how sexy?

Sparklybearsy said...

@tory thanks hun! Aww hope you can finally get thru book 4, fingers crossed for you!! im anxious to know what will happen for marc and jace, i smell love triangle.

@Patti I love really character driven books, i have faith in faythe (lol) that her irritating levels will smooth out.

@Minx very sexy! Marc...RAWRR!!!

thanks for the comments girls! =)

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I haven't heard of this series before-your review has made me curious! I'm off to check it out.

Sparklybearsy said...

@buckeye girls reads Hope you enjoy the series hun, i love series' when the characters grow and evolve each book =)

thanks for stopping by.

Steph said...

That was a book I read that I immediately wanted the next one. And I adore the cover.
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

Sparklybearsy said...

@steph i love the covers too! very eye catching :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.