Thursday, 29 July 2010

Eternal Kiss of Darkness - Review

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness…and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows. Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she’s only imagined in her worst nightmares. At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master Vampire who thought he’d seen it all. Then Kira appears—this fearless, beautiful…human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life, yet sending her away is unthinkable. But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose between the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


Going into Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost i was a little apprehensive, having not loved the first book in the Night Huntress World 'First Drop of Crimson' as much as i wanted to,  i was sure EKOD would be the same. I am happy to say it was not! I loved it.
The books begins with Mencheres, an over 4 thousand year old master vampire being beaten by ghouls, Kira an independent PI happens upon this and saves the vampire, not able to wipe her memories of him he takes her hostage until such time he can wipe her mind clear of all she had seen of his world, and thus began the building of the sweet romantic chemistry i found between them. 
I liked Kira, she was  a more realistic heroine, after Denise is FDOC (sorry girl i just didn't feel it for you at all)  again i was sceptical but for a few little quirks i actually enjoyed reading about Kira, she had the chemistry with Mencheres i was looking for, she was strong and witty and she wasn't afraid to fight for her man and to actually tell him what to do when he thought he knew best. Things happen to drastically change Kira's life and i thought the progression of it was real and true making me like her even more. 


How can you not like an ancient vampire who relaxes by laying at the bottom of a pool, especially when he emerges from said pool nekkid *cough* how can you not like him when he gives a girl amazing ceiling sex. yes. sex on the ceiling! GULP! oh Jeaniene Frost after ch 32 i didn't think i could love you even more. But i do! 


I loved the baddie element in EKOD, Radje had the quality of a baddie you could boo and hiss at, he added to the inner turmoil Mencheres was feeling about his imminent death. 


Can you say Bones! Cat! and Vlad! they all made an appearance, the blurb alone for "This side of the Grave" (the title from inside the book was changed)  featured in the back of the book was enough to send my mind into a tailspin of squee and excitement. I miss Bones! 
Ohh and Vlad, how i love him! i hope he has a book soon. SOON!! 


If you adore Jeaniene Frost books, EKOD will not disappoint you. The story is steady paced, the character development a treat to read and you will leave the book loving Mencheres and Kira, and did i mention ceiling sexy time?! Frost gives you everything you want from a Night Huntress series book, i went into reading it with scepticism and finished with a smiley sigh! I loved it!  
Best quote:
Kira knew that his tongue felt like a vibrator set to the speed of Oh Hell Yeah 
Holy DANG!! 


A wonderful engaging read i give Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost 4.5 Sparkles out of 5! 


For author/release info go HERE
Smooch! 




11 Speak to Me:

Minx said...

ceiling sex! Vibrator tongue! Mr Postman and Bo pees if you don't bring me my book soon.... I will never buy another book ever again!

GREAT REVIEW...... I SO WANT THIS BOOK!!

But then I liked FDC, I think Spade might ahve had something to do with that. =P

Sparklybearsy said...

@Minx Yes you need it NOW!!! the book too ;)

I loved Spade, i just didnt feel it for Denise, didn't believe in the love, so im super happy i loved Mencheres and Kira.

Cant wait to hear what you think of it babes =)

Minx said...

You are right I need it NOW! *looks about for sexy man*

*sigh* Bob to the rescue! *blushes*

Sparklybearsy said...

Bob...hmmm...nopes theres no bob in EKOD, but there is a BONES!!!!!!

Mmmmmm Bones!!!!!!

Minx said...

Mmmmmmmmm Bones!

And I know where to find Bob, don't worry.....

*blushes*

Sparklybearsy said...

Ok, you have bob, i haz bones. DEAL! *spits on hand and totally shakes on it*

♥JimiAnn said...

I loved this book too- though I really liked FDOC, cause I mean SPADE! Come on! Anyways, I loved this book. It was so worth the $8 at B&N (I normally don't buy at the big book stores) I did think the book kinda ended more abruptly than her others but GREAT none the less :D

Kindlelicious said...

I loved this one! So much better than FDC! But I was sad that Ian didn't make an appearance. I heart Ian!

Sparklybearsy said...

@jimiAnn Spade made FDOC worth it, wished he'd had a worthier heroine though. =)

@Kindleicious IAN!!!! oh yes! i heart him too. him and his piercing! ;) RAWR!!

thanks for stopping by to you both =)

jaymzangel said...

I'm so glad this one is better than FDOC, I adored Spade but Denise didn't do a thing for me. can't wait for the ceiling sexors, RAWR!! sad about no Ian & his piercing though *pouty lip* but Bones & Vlad = YAY!

Sparklybearsy said...

Ohh yesss, it was much better, Jay! such a hot read, i heart Mencheres and this time i actually liked the heroine too!!

There was quite a bit of Vlad....it makes me think perhaps HOPEFULLY his book is next *crosses everything*

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.