Monday, 21 June 2010

The Darkest Passion - Review

For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel--demon-assassin--has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting--and falling for--Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this "mortal" with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion? Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't.... 

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


WOW! wow! The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter is book five in the Lords of the Underworld series and Simply it's the best so far. I didn't think i could love a book more after Sabin's (The Darkest Whisper) but Aeron's book blew that one clean out of the water. I LOVED IT!  
Having said that (did i mention I LOVED IT??) I'm going to do my review slightly different to the norm, since this is a fairly new release i don't want to give any spoilers and ruin it for you, so i will do some choice points and thoughts i had (hopefully keeping it vague so i don't plot bomb


So if i haven't said it already, I LOVED this book! I swooned and gasped and growled and laughed and swooned some more and cursed through the entire book, I'm so invested in these characters i wanted the very best for them and Gena Showalter delivered in BUCKETS!


Olivia is a hoot! Originally a joy bringer she was then sent to kill Aeron, falls in love and can't do it and then becomes a fallen angel, she is funny without releasing it, the girl can barely stand on her legs and yet she is so determined to be with Aeron despite his opinion that she isn't going to be. She was sweet and funny and smart and charming and vulnerable, and for once a heroine that didn't bore me rigid, or make me want to rip her face off or have my eyes rolling with irritation, or all of the above. 


My opinion swayed some on Legion, the demon Aeron brought back from hell, in previous books she was childlike with her cute lisp and adoration for Aeron, what she did had me gasping out "NO what are you doing?!?!" suffice to say i'm anxious to see what transpires next for her, how her relationship with Aeron and Olivia will be now. I do have a theory if she gets her own book just WHO will be her HEA. 


I'm super curious what's in store for William! I've read he is Gena's favourite character so it has to be something spectacular, and i don't think it's going to be the direction that seems to be glaringly obvious...at least i'm hoping for something more for him, you have a flirty sex obsessed huge egomaniac and a loyal kind natured guy, he has to get kicked on his arse with a chick who isn't going to fall at his feet worshipping him..right? 


Lysander, bad angel! naughty! I'd loved him in his short story, and now my opinion of him flipped. Hope we see him again. 


LOVE the Harpies, this time we saw Kaia, she was a hoot and i know who i want her hooked with *CoughWilliamCough* 


There's many revelations that keeps the pages turning fast, the story takes dark twists and turns and is entwined with such a lovely deep passionate love, the books revelations also made me ferocious for The Darkest Lie - Gideon's story (RAWR! lie to me!) One of the Lords i feel bad for, it was frustrating for me to translate all his lies so i wont look forward to the challenge of his book *snort* (see what i did huh? ;) ) 


Aeron! Oh Aeron. Keeper of the demon Wrath, protector of his friends, reigning down punishment to those who deserve it to appease the demon he houses inside him, i always felt bad for him and hoped he would get a great HEA book and i wasn't disappointed. I loved his relationship with Wrath, it made me laugh out loud several times. Wrath you'd expect to be all grrrr and violence all the time, and it does have that side too, but he is also possessive of Olivia - 



Wrath: Mine. Aeron: Ours. Learn to share, Wrath. I've had to. 
(and then later on...)
Aeron: "Baby, sweet baby" he said "My baby" Wrath: Ours. Learn to share



Love that quote! 


Now i await for Gideon's book and bask in my Aeron post bliss! Gena Showalter one of the best paranormal writers. If you know this series you're going to want to read this book ASAP, it can be read as a stand alone, you just wont get the connections or back stories of other characters, i recommend you rush out right now and purchase the entire series, you wont regret it! for reals!   


I give The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter - 4.5 Sparkles out of 5 - a Lord-tastic read! 


For Author info/releases go HERE 
The Darkest Lie book six in the Lords of the underworld series released June 29th


Smooch!







12 Speak to Me:

Julie (Rumour) said...

That is a great quote! I think I'm actually going to miss Wrath in the next book. Great Review! The Lords sure are yummy! lol

Sparklybearsy said...

Hi Julie!! Me too! and it makes me wonder, what happened to Wrath (i wont say what,for spoilers) and will he still be lovin' Olivia cause that would be LOL!

Stella Price said...

LOVED this book... and I loves The Darkest Lie too. Your going to DIE with this one.

Sparklybearsy said...

Damn your eyes Stella!! i knew you'd tease me more about Gideon *howls and wails* I want him now!!!! LOL!!! you havent even given me one teeny weeny tidbit =( you hate me terribly!!

Twimom227 said...

Isn't Aeron to die for?! I love him. The book was awesome. Thanks for the review!

Sparklybearsy said...

I just simply loved him. The Lords get better with each book :)

LilyofDarkness said...

I am going to get these books and read them. I mean it this time. I keep saying it but I never do. Now that I have the Nook there is NO excuse.

Sparklybearsy said...

Oh Lily YOU MUST! you wont regret it, It's a fantastic addictive series. you'll love the Lords! Swears! =D

jaymzangel said...

I love the Lords, my books are pimped out currently so I haven't had a chance to catch up yet =P

Sparklybearsy said...

Oh jay you must must must!! you'll love Aeron.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Gena writes the best books. I've got this one coming in the mail to me soon.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Mistress of the Dark Ohhh you're going to love it, it's a wonderful read. Gena Showalter just writes the most wonderful stories, each book gets better and better. =)

thanks for stopping by.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.