Friday, 28 May 2010

Pleasure of a Dark Prince - Review

A DANGEROUS BEAUTY... Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her -- and those she loves.  
AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED... Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own.  
THAT LEAD TO A PLEASURE SO WICKED.... From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness -- her wanton desire for him.  

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 


From book one of the Immortals After Dark Series i knew it was the Lykae i would love most and i wasn't wrong, Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole was so lovely, i fell instantly for Lykae Garreth. Here is this alpha male can have any woman he wants (has Nymphs panting around him all the time - hussy nymphs!) he scents his lady, the one woman in all the world for him and suddenly he is hit with rejection! But it doesn't let that put him off. Oh no he doesn't! And the pursue begins! 


You have to love a determined guy, he knows Lucia is attracted to him but for a reason unknown to him (we the readers know) she wont date/sexy time him. They do get pretty hot and steamy, but it's Garreth's unwavering dedication to win Lucia, how he follows her for an entire year protecting her while she's on her mission to track an artifact that will kill her overly gross husband. 


And so we come to Lucia, I liked her so much, she was strong and determined and didn't feel the need to let her man take care of her, although when they had each others backs they made a formidable team. Bound by a chastity oath Lucia can't get with the sexy time or her ability as a Master Archer will be lost, she feels this is the only good thing that defines her, so even though she is crazily attracted to the Scottish Lykae she runs from him, until she can find the arrow that can kill her husband (did i mention he is gross? yack!) 
But you know things never go as planned. This is one of my favourite IAD stories, some have been a bit meh, the story loses me or the characters aren't as engaging. Both story and characters kept me turning page after page well into the night with this book. Garreth was kind and gentle and loving and flirty, Lucia with her tortured past is still sassy and sweet and a heroine who you will like. 


The plot isn't always fast paced, but it never has any moments you just want to skip over, there is humour and violence and a villain you want to spoon your eyes out just so you don't have to look at him and such intense steamy romance. 
Garreth being Scottish, Cole spells his accent as he would speak it, i always find that amusing. Bollocks becomes Bollix. But i just had a swoony sigh over how he spoke Lucia's name "Lousha" Damn, that man is delicious! 
"If I have to scour the entire earth, I'll hunt her down. I will no' falter. One day I will bring my female back to my home - back to my bed...She was born to be found by me. 
Lawd Jezus he makes my eyeballs sweat!


For anyone who loves this series already you know this is a wonderful read, for newbies it IS a stand alone book, it wont lose you in previous plots but it does mention previous characters' so i'd recommend you go back and read book one "A Hunger like no Other" you wont regret it!  


A wonderfully Howling read I give Pleasure of  a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole  4 Sparkles out of 5! 


For Author info/Book releases go HERE


PS. Nuking Futs Nix is so damn funny, i just love her! I hope she gets her book soon! 


PPS. This was one of my favourite book covers, see his lips. SEE THEM!! Dayum! i'm unashamed in saying i flipped back to the cover several times just to gaze at him. =D 


Smooch!

5 Speak to Me:

Reena Jacobs said...

I'm with you! Kresley Cole's IAD series rocks. Like you said, not one skip over moment. I look forward to Nix's book also, but wonder if it'll wrap the series up. Seems like everything is gearing up for one big fanastico! Can't wait to see what it is. :)

SusiSunshine said...

You are so right hon. I adored this book and I had to look at the cover more than 1 time while reading too.
Wonderful review.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Reena I wondered if Nix's book would be the end too, i hope not, i love the series, and it'd be fun to see Nix all loved up but still her crazy self. i love the stuff she comes out with.

@Susi the cover is Smokin! low slung jeans and those lips. RAWR!! haha!

Thanks for the comments girls =)

Paranormal Haven said...

This was my favorite of the series. I was waiting for Garreth's book since the start and I was not disappointed. How could anyone not love him? He wouldn't have needed to chase me around the world that's for sure :-)


Stephanie G

Sparklybearsy said...

I was waitign for Garreth too, he's just so loveable, it's a tough person if they dont fall for him while reading this book =D and im sooo with you PH, no chasing here =D

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.