Thursday, 27 May 2010

Colter's Woman - Review

Adam, Ethan and Ryan arent looking for women. Theyre looking for a woman. One woman to share their lives and their beds. They dont want a casual romp in the hay, they want the woman who will complete them and they're losing hope of finding her. That is until Adam finds Holly lying in the snow just yards from their cabin. He knows shes different the minute he holds her in his arms. But before Adam gets his hopes up, he knows he has to gauge his brothers reactions. Soon its evident that shes the one. There are a few problems, however convincing her she belongs with them and keeping her safe from the man who wants her dead. Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, manage a quatre, violence.  
**Summary taken from Goodreads** 
This book has been re-edited and revised. Includes an expanded ending and a new, never-before published short story sequel.


So i'm just going to put it out there right off the bat, I loved Colter's Woman by Maya Banks. Loved!  Unlike some reviews i've seen i decided not to focus on how fast the characters got together and instead took it from the prospective of instant love at first sight, and with that the book worked a lot better for me without being distracted with the fastness of the relationship. 
Three brothers, all gorgeous and rugged and out doors types (you just know they can chop logs all sexy like!) Adam rescued Holly, instantly felt a pull to her, and as each brother saw her he too fell, all wanted to be with her and there the story began. I wondered about these men, what conversation they had about sharing a woman, it all seemed pretty definite that they all were attracted to Holly so would share her, Adam had wanted another girl before but his brothers hadn't so she got dumped. Why did they feel the need to share, didn't they want loves of their own? That wasn't explained, It was mentioned they had one mum and three dads. It didn't detract from the book, i would  just would have liked to see that conversation ("Hey bro, we should all hook up with the same girl, it'll save us a bundle on flowers and gifts!") 
I wasn't sure if i'd like Holly, most heroines disappoint me, but she was sweet and unsure of why these men wanted her, she was on the run from her new husband and took refuge with the Colter men, and even though she was scared in the end she wasn't afraid to do what she had to do to protect her men.  
 “The thing is, you guys only have one person to concern yourselves with, relationship-wise. I have three. Three overbearing, overprotective, rather large men. I don’t see how it’s remotely possible that I could please all of you all of the time.”
Keeping in mind the instant love aspect of the book the sexy time happened pretty fast, Holly a virgin (you know how i feel reading about virgins! yawnarama!) i didn't think she could match the rawr-ness of the Colter's (they're seriously sexy!) but dayum the girl did good! Aaand what a way to get initiated, i almost stood up and gave her a cheer! 
If you read my Goodreads status's as i was reading this book you'll know i changed constantly who my favourite brother was. Holly didn't choose a favourite so i shouldn't have to either! I think if you gave me a dead leg and made me choose i'd have to go for Ryan, i do love a tortured man. 
“Holly, just because we have a different situation, in that all three of us are fucking the same woman, it doesn’t mean we’re going to be sharing you with every man who crosses our path. You’re ours. You belong to us, heart and soul, and if another man so much as looks at you, we’ll rip off his dick and cram it down his throat.” - Ryan
The story moves along nicely, the men are so sweet taking care of Holly, trying to keep her safe, falling in love with her. 
Ok, so you know my reviews involving moresomes always have to have a squick moment, and whilst i now have my big girl panties on and all the things Maya Banks writes about doesn't give me  0_o face anymore (see, that is growth people!) i had one moment of squick...so they're all brothers right...and all dipping into the same woman right..and well, Holly gives one brother oral pleasure *cough* and then kisses another brother...and no toothbrush action is mentioned! i know i know...Hygiene is just a given. Whaat? it wouldn't be me if i didn't have one squick in my reviews =P 
So back to the review...I bought the newly re edited version of Colter's Woman (see pretty cover!) and it contains extra footage not seen in the original AND a short story sequel which takes place some years later called "Callie's Meadow" ( You need to read it to know why) After Colter's Woman you can read the FREE short of Colter's Wife, that comes directly after CW and before Callie's Meadow. I just love Epilogues, and Long epilogues at that, finding out what the characters are upto after the book has ended, so for me both free reads were awesome! 


OH! and in Callie's Meadow you meet the (albeit young) brother's who star in the upcoming Colter's Legacy book two "Colter's Lady" I have an excited for this book as big as the grand canyon (see! huge!) I read the synopsis and thought yes Seth is the brother for me! but then Maya posted an excerpt and i swooned for Dillon! 
“You may not belong to Seth, but you’re sure as hell going to belong to me, sweetheart. From now on, I’m going to be the only man kissing you and damn sure the only one you’ll be kissing back.” - Dillon 
Just a small sneak peek from Colter's Lady. I want! 


This is a wonderfully delicious book, I give Colter's Woman by Maya Banks 4.5 Sparkles out of 5! 


For Author Info/Book releases go HERE
"Colter's Lady" the second book in The Colter's Legacy series is released June 1st. 
Smooch! 

6 Speak to Me:

Sparklybearsy said...

LOL Mar i loves you!!

You must read Maya Banks, hun! MUST! Her Colters and Sweet series all made of awesome (Haz mad crazy love for Micah!) ....OHHH and if you're not put off by moresomes "Be With Me" is another wonderfully delicious read. you took up the BDB challenge, now your next mission...Maya! =D Mwah!

Book Junkie said...

Hi is one of my ALL TIME fav books! And she is coming out with two more this summer! I can't wait. One will be about their 3 sons the other about their daughter!!!!! ohhhhhhh. So excited!!

Brande

Sparklybearsy said...

Hi Brande!

Im SO excited for June first and Colter's Lady, did you read the excerpts for it on Maya's website? SQUEE! Seth and Dillon sound so yum! I didn't know the sister was getting a book too! that's awesome!

Erotic Horizon said...

Love your take on this one..

This book remains one of my most re-read books despite alot of impracticalities with it...

I love this book..

E.H>

jaymzangel said...

mmmmmmmmmmm I'm putting this on the list

Sparklybearsy said...

GOOD GIRL!!!! Ryan is MINE!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.