Saturday, 29 May 2010

Colter's Lady - Review

Can their love give her the strength to overcome the tragedy in her past? When police officer Seth Colter sees the delicate, shabbily dressed beauty in line at the soukitchen where he’s serving, he’s gut shot over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him. For Lily Weston, home is a secluded nook in a back alley—until Seth offers her a place to stay. She’s wary of his offer, but even one night out of the cold is too much temptation to resist. Seth is convinced Lily is his. The problem is, when his brothers lay eyes on her, the same primitive instinct comes roaring to the surface. The Colters never imagined they’d follow the unconventional path of their fathers, but they can’t ignore their mutual need to offer Lily their protection—and their love. But before Lily and the brothers can forge a future together, they must heal the deep wounds of her past.  

**Summary taken from Goodreads** 

Disclaimer: Provided by Author

I couldn't have been more excited when i was offered the chance to read Colters' Lady by Maya Banks. I'm very much on Team Colter, you can read my review for Colters' Woman HERE
Yes this book is has the same premise as CW did, three Colter men and one woman. But that is where the similarites end. The one thing i thought was lacking in CW was how the men decided to share a woman in the first place we never saw that, and in Colter's Lady i got it. None of the brothers had prepared for falling for the same woman despite having three fathers, each wanted Lily for themselves, i liked how they resolved it.  
I can't describe the story better than the summary gives so i will jump right in with my thoughts on the book. 
It's heavily character based (woot) lots of dialogue (another woot) and it has three of the sexiest (non paranormal) brothers' you'll find in one book. Seth, Dillon and Michael all easily distinguished with their own personalities (and body tats and piercings!)  i found it hard to choose my favourite so i decided just to have like them all, but each man is intensely similar in their focus on Lily and their attraction to her, i found it so sexy. 
“I’m having my own set of what-the-hell-is-going-on thoughts,” he said honestly. “But I’m not going to fight it, whatever it is between us. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were going to be a part of me. A big part of me. I don’t understand it, but I’m not going to fight it. I don’t want to fight it.”  - Seth
I found this story very real, real that Lily wasn't all on board when three hunky men wanted her, she was wary and unsure, not just because of her past, but the fact that three men, brothers at that, all lusting for her and not being shy about it either. I could understand the draw she had to them, Maya Banks writes alluring and tempting men and real that these men had to come to terms with his brothers wanting the woman he wanted too. 
Lily was just a sweet loveable character, i didn't once get annoyed with her, several moments are sad enough to have me sniffling. 

Between all characters including side characters from the previous Colter book and the new Callie have a good chemistry i found it so enjoyable to read their banter, Callie is a wonderful secondary character, already her back story is in place so i'm eager for her book, i wonder if she'll have three men wanting her, and what will her brothers and fathers think about, she's not at all like Holly (previous book) or Lily, so it makes me more intrigued to read her story.    

If you loved Colter's Woman and love a good character based sexy erotic read this is the book for you. Even if you didn't read CW it's still very enjoyable, you just wont feel the connection and warmth to see Holly, Ethan,  my boy Ryan or Adam, they'll just be good new characters to you =) 
I can't review a book about three men and a woman and not mention the moresomes, nothing squick worthy, just lustable men and hot hot HAWT sexiness.
This is a series much like Maya Banks' Sweet series that i'm going to love more and more with each book. 

A really engaging and sexy read, i give Colter's Lady by Maya Banks 4.5 Sparkles out of 5.  

For Author info/book releases or to read an excerpt go HERE 


Colters Lady released June 1st. 

Smooch!





8 Speak to Me:

Fiction Vixen said...

Wonderful review! I've only read one Maya Banks and I'm eager for more. I think based on your review of this one and Colters' Woman I'm going to have to give these books a go! :)

Sparklybearsy said...

Thanks Vixen! i hope you like them, im loving both sets of Colter men. Maya Banks is a favourite author, try her sweet series too, omgosh its sooo good! dont claim Micah though! i keels you =D

Rumour said...

I Love Maya Banks and have been debating this series. After reading your reviews, I think I'll give it a try (whenever my to-read pile goes down a little! lol)

Sparklybearsy said...

LOL the tbr piles are never ending if its anything like mine hun.

It's a great series, if you've read the Sweet series you'll like Colter's Legacy =)

thanks for the comment, hope you're good.

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

Gosh after reading your review for Colter's Woman and Lady (plus the excerpts for both), I have to have them!

Couldn't find on Maya's site if Colter's Lady will be given a paperback publication. Do you know?

Sparklybearsy said...

Hi Shera!

Its a wonderful series, im looking forward to the next instalment of Colters.

Im not sure if Colters' lady will be in paperback, right now i think its just ebook, id suggest keep checking Maya banks site for updated info =)

thanks for stopping by :)

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

^_- If it's not I think I'll be driven to buy my first ebook!

Sparklybearsy said...

WOOTs!!! i hope you enjoy the Colter's series hun, they're definitely a sizzling read, i love all 6 Colter menz.

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.