Tuesday, 20 April 2010

His Darkest Hunger - Review

Jaxon Castille: jaguar shifter, warrior, assassin. He has long hungered for the chance to make his former lover, Libby Jamieson, pay for her deadly betrayal. After three long years he's finally found her. The hunt is over…

But the Libby that he finds is not what he expected. She has no memory of their tumultuous affair; of her treachery; of anything beyond her own name. A shadowy and deadly clan has marked them both for death, and in an instant the game changes: the hunter has become the hunted.

On the run, with the ghosts of their past between them and a dark, desperate hunger quickly reclaiming their bodies and souls, Libby and Jaxon must discover the truth behind the dark forces working against them. Together, they must grab hold of a destiny that has the power to either heal them or destroy them. But the truth is far more shattering than anyone could imagine…   



                                      ***************




Now any paranormal fan loves a good shifter book right? so what is different about this one? picture your favourite action movie, bad guys chasing good guys, good guys fighting bad guys, assassins, explosions that go boom. Now add in sexy assed Jaguars, a vampire chick, a dark magic man, revenge, betrayal and a whole package full of intense toe curling romance and sex and that is what you get from His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone!  


Jaxton is a shape shifting Jaguar who is strong and devious and out for revenge against the woman he loved and who he thinks betrayed him and their paranormal anti-terrorist team. You couldn't ask for a sexier scarier assassin than what you get in Jaxton. He is dark, powerful and has a killer hunting instinct that just oozes pure sensuality right off the page. If you think you've read all there is to read about were's and shapeshifters then read His Darkest Hunger, it will be a fast paced breath holding sexy read from start to finish. 
Jaxton was hungry all right. And it wasn't for food.


Rawr! i loved that quote about him


You don't just get one growly jaguar, you get three. Jaxton and his two brothers, Jagger (love that name!) and Julian. Jaggers book is up next (woot woot yay!) and then you have dark magic guy Declan, who i just loved, i'm hoping he gets his own book too 



"For Christ sakes Jaxton, get the hell off me"
 With a powerful push Declan wrangled his way from beneath the heavy animal, his face thunderous. "You weigh a fucking ton. Do that again and i'll be forced to use dark magic on you. You wanna stay a pussy forever?"

Then there is Ana who is part of the anti terrorist team, she's also a vampire who would kick your ass right through sunday, i really liked her, and i think i liked her more than the lead Libby, which is not to say i didn't like her. I did, my heart went on the rollercoaster of emotions she goes on throughout the book, she's been through a shitload of bad things and still she's this strong ball busting fighting to get her life back character but with a vulnerability that just makes you like her. 
Every scene Jaxton and Libby are in together you just feel this thrum of chemistry between them, for a reader i love that. They don't have to be going at it like bunnies on every second page but the two characters DO need a sizzle of electric and Jaxton & Libby have it in abundance.

A couple more of my favourite quotes from the book were :

His skin was burning up and he felt the beast scratching at him. Begging him to take what was his. Mark her with his brand.  

"If you don't get out of my sight i will do one of two things to you. I will either fuck you until you can't see anymore, or i will wrap my hands around that lovely neck of yours and wring the very last breath you'll ever breath from your body" 

Seriously pantie screamingly wow! This is my first book from Juliana Stone, but it wont be my last, I'm really looking forward to Jagger's book His Darkest Embrace. For new releases and author info go HERE 

I give His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone 4.5 sparkles out of 5. Can you say Team Jaguar!


Smooch!! 














12 Speak to Me:

Smokinhotbooks said...

Is this author kind of like Christine Feehan?

Great review Bearsie!!!

Sparklybearsy said...

Thanks KC!*smooch*

Feehan is a bit hit and miss for me (hated the dark series but liked the drake sisters) I think you'll like this book KC, it's a real page turner, and it takes alot for a shifter book to get me interested esp if i dont know the author beforehand. Jaxton makes you wanna be bad just so he'll sexy scowl and growl at you LOL

Sarah said...

Fab review hun - you were right I loved it!! I'm definitely sold on Jaguar shifters! I love Jax but there is something about Jagger & I just know his story is going to be HOT

Sparklybearsy said...

thanks sarah! it was def a surprising book wich will go on my keeper shelf. Im with you on Jagger, i love an intriguing character, was that him at the end of the book? I think it was, but not sure lol I loved his cheeky flirty side with Libby, making Jax all grrr and growly

Fiction Vixen said...

I really liked this one too. I'm looking forward to Jaggers story!!

Sparklybearsy said...

me too! just his name is sexy!

Juliana Stone said...

thank you for such a wonderful review Sparklybearsy! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! (and yes, that was Jagger at the end :-) )

Sparklybearsy said...

Eeks author comment! cue fan girl squees! =D

Thank YOU for stopping by and the awesome book, you gave me a new book boyfriend ^_^ and you now have me chomping at the bit for Jagger's book =P

jaymzangel said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm hot weres *drools*

damn you bt, I'm not supposed to be on Amazon buying any more books >_>

Sparklybearsy said...

LOL yes yes damn me...but you'll kick yourself for not getting Jaxton, bt! least put him on the list ;)

Glory said...

I love what do you read! It's so similar to that I read. :)

Sparklybearsy said...

thanks hun! im glad you think we have similar tastes =) if its paranormal im pretty much going to read it lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.