Thursday, 25 March 2010

Bound to Please & Lead me On - Double Review

Ruby Scott is a beautiful, quiet event planner who leads an oh-so-respectable life. Yet the things that go on in her secret fantasies are anything but. She has every intention of keeping her hidden desires under wraps-until she meets a gorgeous, hard-muscled man ten years her junior. Mark St. Crow is a gifted, up-and-coming musician who collects erotic art and loves to "play" women as much as his piano. After one night of uninhibited passion, Ruby realizes there's no turning back. But as she surrenders to her deepest needs and lets Mark control every forbidden thrill, her passion for him builds. Can the wild, intoxicating nights they share lead to a love that will last forever? 
I was engrossed in this book right from page one, how can you not be with an opening line of "Have you ever been spanked?" Ruby and Mark were characters i liked getting to know, it had an easy flow to read with the side character Meg enjoyable to read too, there is a scene with Ruby and Meg in a sex store buying toys i found amusing...

Meg stepped forward. "Hi. I'm new to all this kinky stuff. Can you tell me where i would find some tools for spanking and the like?" 

This book has lots of different bondage and D/s scenes, nothing that would squick you out, and an extraordinary strawberry scene that will forever make me look differently at the fruit, it was such a wow scene i had to mention it =)
Although Mark is ten years younger than Ruby, (Go Miss Cougar!!)  i felt at times he seemed the more mature and together of them both, The one thing that always irritates me in a Heroine is a wishy washy attitiude, the whole "does he like me, do i like him, do i want to be with him" The boy is using a remote control vibrator over the phone on you woman, shut up and just go with it! But saying that, it didn't detract from the story, i just wanted to poke Ruby with a stick sometimes and tell her to make the cougars of the world proud.

How can you resist a man who ties you up and makes you scream soprano? you cannot! I loved Mark, he was my kind of sexy bondage Alpha i love to read about, you dont want a fumbler when it comes to your pleasure ladies, you want a man who knows what he's doing and where he's going! Mark IS that man. For anyone wanting to read into the world of D/s this is a gentle intro to it.

The follow on book Dare to Surrender is out now, and i cant wait to read about Ruby's erotic artist ex boyfriend, Ash.

A really sexy fun read, I give Bound to Please by Lilli feisty 4 sparkles out of 5 - Spankingly Great!


                                                ******************************

The wrong man just might be her perfect fit...

Primal attraction is a big red flag to prim and proper office manager, Jane Morgan. After a rough childhood with a mother who liked her men in prison jumpsuit orange, Jane changed her name, her look and her taste for bad boys. So why is she lusting for William Chase with his tattoo-covered biceps, steel-toed boots and unadulterated sex appeal? The man blows things up for a living!

She gives herself one explosive, fantasy-filled night with Chase. The next day, it’s back to plain Jane and safe men.But when her beloved brother becomes a murder suspect, and her lawyer ex-boyfriend won’t help, Jane turns to Chase. And she discovers a man who’s been around the block knows a thing or two about uncovering all kinds of truths.


Having liked the previous book in the Tumble Creek series i was pretty sure i'd like Lead me On by Victoria Dahl, and i wasn't disappointed. A former wild child Jane is now plain jane hiding herself from her shamed past as she sees it when she meets rugged tattooed Chase and has a one night fling with him...and another and another. Jane sees no future with Chase even though things sizzle between them, she thinks she needs a respectible straight laced lives in suits, kinda guy to marry and become the respectible woman she's trying to be. Although i felt for Jane, there were times she irked me in her adament attitude to hide her past, i didnt see why it was SO bad she had to hide she'd been a little wild with boys when she was younger, it didn't seem a big deal to me, not to go to the extreme of not wanting to be with the guy you obviously lusted hardcore for because he didnt fit the sterotypical look for a respectible guy. 

Chase is a nice guy, sexy as all get out, his relationship with his drunk father tugged at my heartstrings but most of all i liked how he made Jane see it was ok to crave things dirty and rough and break from her good girl persona.

There was good secondary characters, I loved Jane's Dad and Grandma, she made me laugh alot. Although the story was pretty much predictible and i dont say it in any bad sense, with any contemporary romance you can usually guess how its going to turn out, it didnt stop me from enjoying it.

I give Lead me on By Victoria Dahl 4 out of 5 sparkles


Smooch!

6 Speak to Me:

Smokinhotbooks said...

Sigh. Sparkly why didn't I like Lead Me On? I found Jane to be too caustic for me.

jaymzangel said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mark n Chase, what I wouldn't give to be the meat in that sammich *PURR* lovely double review, bt. the strawberry scene had me wheezing & gasping, holy HOTNESS!

Marquetta said...

You're gonna love Dare to Surrender. I read Dare before Bound To Please. I'm a little backwards. LOL!

Jane irked me too with being so adamant about hiding her past. It's not like she was an ex-con or anything! Loved Chase! He saved the book for me.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Smokin poor babes, but lease Chase was worth the book? he can plant me to a wall any day *cough* =D

@jay LMAO! right there with you BT, i was all hot diggity DAYUM!

@Marquetta LOL im bakwards too, i read all the maya banks sweet series in the wrong order :P I agree with you bout Chase, loved him so! he's my fave man in this series, aothugh i liked Quinn he was a bit too scatty for my liking. gotta love his geek though. yum.

Im looking forward to reading dare too!


thanks for stopping by girls xoxox

Mar said...

This one is burning a hole on my shelf. So many good books, so little time!!! :)

Sparklybearsy said...

@Mar i know right! damn all the life stuff getting in the way of good smutty books! Let me know your thoughts when you read it Mar =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.