Saturday, 27 March 2010

ARC Review - Sweet Temptation

He was a by-the-book cop who broke the rules in the bedroom…

Micah Hudson has painful secrets he’s run hard from. He has new friends, a new life, but he’s about to be confronted with the one person who reminds him of all he’s tried to forget—Angelina, the sister of his oldest friend David. She knows everything about his past, including how he and David fell in love with the same woman, and how they decided the best way to prevent her from tearing them apart was to share her between them. But then a terrible accident left Micah alone…

She was willing to do anything to make him see the woman she’d become…

Micah lost the two people who meant the most in the world to him. Angelina lost her only family. And she kept her deepest secret close to her heart. Her love for Micah. No longer willing to wait, she decides it’s time to go after him and bring him to his knees. She knows his secrets, his desires, his kinks and fetishes, and she’ll use whatever it takes to reel him in. Behind the easy going, loves women exterior lies a man with dark needs and passions. She can give him what he wants. But will he decide she’s what he needs? 


                                       ************************




Disclaimer: Book provided by Author

There's lots of books i've anticipated reading this year, and Sweet Temptation was in the top 5. Ever since i saw Micah as a secondary character in the other Sweet series books by Maya Banks i've wanted his book, so you can imagine my joy when i won an ARC of it from Ms Banks (I perhaps squealed a lil =D )

One of the things i love about any Maya Banks books is she never gives you a snivelling 'wait-for-my-knight-in-shining-armour-to-rescue-me' kind of Heroine, there is no hand wringing or angst over her feelings in Angelina, She knows what she wants and she wants Micah, and she goes all out to get him, she knows his desires, his wants and needs and she's a girl who isn't afraid to use what she has to to get her man. I loved that about her, It's not often a Heroine doesn't irritate me once or twice in a book, but i can honestly say it never happened here. And she gets to kiss on Micah! Lucky Bitch.

 Having not seen Angelina in years since the deaths of his wife and best friend, who happens to be her brother, Micah's first sighting of the now grown Angel is seeing her ass being paddled in The House, an exclusive sex club owned by Damon ( Sweet Persuasion ) instantly attracted to the woman tied up and obviously enjoying every swat to her behind Micah is shocked to discover she is Angelina, the sweet young sister of his dead best friend, the man he shared his wife with, and thus starts Micah's struggle to keeps his hands from Angel.

You know those books that stay with you long after you've read them and moved on to other books? well Sweet Temptation is that book! It has characters past and present you just care about and want to see more of, a story that pulls you in, suspense in the guise of a stalker, strong bonded friendships, and lots of touching moments. And i haven't even mentioned the BDSM and sexy time yet!

"Do you want a safe word Angelina? Do you want to be able to quit?" 
She shook her head "I trust you"
"Then you're a fool" he bit out.
"you'll know when to stop" She said resolutely, so much conviction shining in her voice that she throbbed. "you'll know when i can't take any more" 

This book isn't for the faint hearted, if you reach for the smelling salts at the sight of a penis in a book or positively faint if a flogger is used then probably Sweet Temptation isn't for you, 'cause it has alot of bondage, spanking, domination, submissive sex. Alot ALOT. And can i just say one word : Moresome! 

Yes, not threesome, a moresome! I perhaps maybe wanted to knock angelina on the head and take her place Angelina tussles with Micah and three other men in thirty two pages (yes i counted! it's forty two if you include the initiation to bum lovin' beforehand! ) of what is a hot sexy sizzling ride (pun intended!) Sweet baby jesuz even i reached for a cigarette afterwards ( a pretend once since i dont smoke =) ) All i can say is thank YOU Maya Banks for saving the very BEST sex scenes for Micah's book, note for when you're about to read these infamous thirty two pages: Be alone 'cause people will wonder why you're hyperventilating, and have a bucket of ice water to dunk yourself in afterwards. HAWT! 

While the sexy times are great to read, you will fall in love with these two characters, both scarred from past and present events, one so sure of what she wants and willing to do anything to get the love from him, the other wanting what he thinks he shouldn't. I love to watch characters fall in love, this wont disappoint. 

Forty Two chapters of Awesome, i've loved all the Sweet series but by far Sweet Temptation is my favourite. It is released on the 6th April 2010 find out more from Maya Banks website  

A few bullet point thoughts: 

  • I want to be Angelina, that girl rocks! 
  • I'm keeping Micah. 
  • I hope Cole has his story told. 
  • Wonder how much it costs to become a member of The House 
  • I'm KEEPING Micah! 
I give Sweet Temptation 5 out of 5 Sparkles!  - An Awesome read! 

Smooch! 

PS. I know it was a Looong review, but i couldn't just write I LOVED IT I LOVED IT! *grin* 








17 Speak to Me:

pattepoilue said...

Oh My! Me wants this book! It looks awesome nom nom nom A moresome nom nom nom!
So...i guess you won't be sharing Micah? lol

Sparklybearsy said...

Omgosh hun it is SO nom nom nom! seriously so.

lol i gotta share him if i want moresomes HEE!

SusiSunshine said...

Want want want!!!!!!
Now...Micah!

pattepoilue said...

Hehe true! lol Moresome Nom nom nom!

INCiDeNT said...

I love, love your review girl! Thanks for taking the time out to do it. ;D Sooooo jealous you got your hands on an ARC of this!

Sparklybearsy said...

@Susi you must get get GET immeditely if not sooner, you're gonna flip your lid over it!

@Pattepoilue *does the nommy nom dance* =)

@Incident thanks hun! i could have written an even longer review...this is the SHORT one i cut down LOL! the book is that good =) ohh and i was happy as a pig in mud when i won the ARC, i had coveted this story SO MUCH.

thanks for your comments girls =)

Madison Scott said...

Well... you just sold me on the book. LOL.

Glory said...

Aww!!! I wanna this book, too!!! And Micah... I run to buy it! LOL

Sparklybearsy said...

@madison YAY! It's going on my "fave books of 2010" list already =) let me know if you like it too

@Glory You're gonna loves Micah hun!

Sparklybearsy said...

thanks for your comments girls =)

Mama Kitty said...

I'm so jealous that you got to read Sweet Temptation already! When I first read the Sweet books, I tweeted Maya and asked her if I could have Micah. She laughed and told me that he's trapped in a book.

But I can have him now! *maniacal laughter* Ok, just kidding. I'm not that insane. :) Thanks for the awesome review! You just ensured that I'm definitely going to break my book-buying ban when Sweet Temptation is released.

Sparklybearsy said...

@mama kitty LOL! you cracked me up =) im glad you liked the review hun, i seriously just wanted to write "I LOVED IT SO MUCH" and leave it at that, but that i needed to make it a lil more full HEE! let me know what you think when you read him =)

thanks for commenting!

jaymzangel said...

LOL! I can vouch for all of the above statements as I was privy to a boatload of wheezing, OMFGs & general squeeing & pantie screaming over Micah & this book. sounds like a red HOT one, bt, glad you loved it so much. yet another series for me to get into =P *wallet screams* lovely review my darling *SMOOCH*

Immortal Hellion said...

Sweet Jesus you sold me on that book- I have the other three in my TBR pile and they just got moved up to the top of the list. Hell I almost needed a smoke after just reading your review- Moresome- haha love it!!

Sparklybearsy said...

@jay HEE! yes you were much privy to all my Micah squeals, you will love him BT!

@Immortal Hellion WOOT! im glad my review conveyed it was a good read =D You'll love the entire series Hun, Nathan is a great one to look out for, ohh ohh and Damon! And Gray RAWR ( thats all the menz btw LOL!) I look forward to your reviews on them all =)

thanks for the comments!

Mar said...

Oh C, what a great review! I think I need to go read this yesterday, sounds so so good!

Sparklybearsy said...

MAR! this is def a book you will LOVE! Guaranteed!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.