Friday, 26 February 2010

Sweet Surrender - Review

Under Faith Malone’s deceptively soft exterior lies a woman who knows exactly what she wants. A strong man who’ll take without asking—because she’s willing to give him everything…

Dallas cop Gray Montgomery is on a mission: find the guy who killed his partner—and bring him to justice. So far, he’s found a link between the killer and Faith—and if Gray has to get close to her to catch the killer, so be it.

Faith is sweet and feminine, everything Gray wants and desires in a woman, but he suspects she’s playing games. No way she would allow a man to call the shots in their relationship. Or would she?

Faith sees in Gray the strong, dominant man she needs, but he seems determined to keep her at a distance. So she takes matters into her own hands to prove to him it’s no game she’s playing. She’s willing to surrender to the right man. Gray would like to be that man. But catching his partner’s killer has to be his first priority. Until Faith is threatened and Gray realizes he will do anything to protect her
                                           *******


Although this is the first book in Maya Banks Sweet series me being scatty brained have actually read the series backwards so this first book is my last in this series ( did i confooze you? HA ) Reading Sweet Persuasion GO HERE FOR THE REVIEW and Sweet Seduction (Not reviewed but it's a great read!) I was intrigued to finally read Faith & Gray's story since they feature as secondary characters in the books i've just mentioned, and i have to say the book didn't let me down in any way. Faith was a sweet caring woman working with her adopted family, being the glue that kept everything ticking over. Usually i get irritated very quickly with the leading lady, she's usually whiny or worse, forgetable. But i liked Faith, i liked how she went after what she wanted even if she was a little unsure about it. Wanting to explore the D/s side of sex she goes to Damon's (Sexy guy in Sweet Persasion)  Sex club to fullfill her fantasies, she likes what she sees until shes getting spanked and it's not sparking her flame...Until... Enter Gray from stage right, then the sparks are positively blazing! I love their chemistry, even just when they're talking i find them both likeable as a couple and fans of BDSM will like this book, there's nothing to squick you out (not a stick of butter in sight! woo hoo)

Along with Faith exploring her submissive side, the storyline had a darker deceitful line, Gray knew the killer of his cop partner was dating Faiths not so nice Mother, so keeping an eye on Faith would hopefully bring him the connection he needed to nab said killer. I was satisfied with how that part of the book was wrapped up but for me the hook to the whole story was Faith and Gray falling in lust then love, i never tire of that story.

As always Maya Banks kept me waiting for the sexy time (seriously, she hates me! -_- ) but when it arrives you wont be disappointed, I loved Gray just as much as i did Nathan and Damon in the following books, he is this tall sexy rugged guy with an air of grief and mystery about him and determination to find who killed his friend but then you get hit in the face with his possessive all out sex on two delicious legs and it was sexy time galore. GALORE PEOPLE!

&& Giant bonus for me, i've not been quiet about the fact Micah has been my favourite through this series (His book is out next! SQUEE!) and he features oh so deliciously in Sweet Surrender too....boy does he feature! I wont spoil...but you HAVE TO read this book. HAVE TO!

Easy flowing storyline, characters that stay with you, lush sexy times, intrigue, intense.. a must read.

I give Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks 4 sparkles out of 5.

Smooch!


8 Speak to Me:

Mandi said...

I've never read Maya Banks...what is wrong with me! I will this year though..all her books look so good.

Sparklybearsy said...

OHHH Mandi you must, i know you'd love them! && if you aren't adding Micah to book boyfriend status i'll eat my hat! =D

Cecile said...

Oh yes, I have Maya on my TBB list. I am trying to obtain her books from start to finish so I can just sit and read!!!
Great review you got there honey! Her covers are amazingly hot!
Hope all is well Sparkly! Have a great weekend!

SusiSunshine said...

I so can't wait to read Micah's book. *dreams* I really want it like NOW.
Always love your reviews.

Sparklybearsy said...

@Cecile thats a great idea hun, you'll love them. I started with Be with me, 3 smexi men! Im gonna try Colters woman next, im hearing mixed things about it.

@Susi Im right there with you hun i want it NOW! he's been my favourite throughout.

thanks for stopping by girls =D

jaymzangel said...

these are definitely on my TBR list, I'll have to get them first though =P

Sparklybearsy said...

they're just the kind of smutti delicious that you'd love bt!

Marissa said...

I have them on my tbr pile, I love those covers.

Great review!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.