Saturday, 14 November 2009

Smut Alert! - A review.



"Trading orgasms for information isn’t their usual way of doing business, but when a missing criminal-turned-star-witness and fifty grand are on the line, bounty hunter R. A. Thorn and Detective Cameron Martinez are prepared to put their bodies to the task and give gorgeous Brenna Sheridan everything she needs.
An exchange they never anticipated becomes an experience none can forget—or walk away from. Sexual hunger sizzles the threesome, but the stakes and danger rise as a mafia bad-ass stalks Brenna.
Soon, their “deal” is no longer about information—or sex. Emotions bind Brenna, Cam and Thorn together more tightly than they ever imagined as the men protect—and serve—the beloved woman neither can live without."

Titilating erotica at its peak! Smut, while very important, it's not THE most important part of a book for me [yes i know, it came as quite a shock to me too! HEE! ] Good characters, a gripping story that hooks me in right away. Sadly though all Dangerous Boys and their Toy had worth reading was the Smut. For me the story lacked...something. Im not sure what. A girl who cant get her jollies letting perfect [ albeit smexiii ] strangers get her off for the trade of info on her "boyfriend" MEH! that so didn't hold my attention...

BUT wait ladies....wait wait...it has...boy on boy lovens! FINALLY! oh, and no, not two guys going at the same girl at the same time, it has boy.on.boy.touchyfeely.gropeygropey.sexysexy. lovens! I did like how Shayla Black wrote the scenes between the two males, from their "WTF is that you touching me?" to "Fuck i like HIM touching me"

As a connoisseur of smut [Yes i am! i say so! HEE! ] this book has it all, scorching...eyeball steamy..sex, erotic menage, some actually quite nice tender moments. I was waiting for the ever present words that pur me off erotica and i can happily say they didn't show, the dirty talk was DURTY and oh so delicious. No BDSM, no Kink. Just lots of hot smutty smut with two alpha males and one lucky lucky bitch!

So what the story didn't grip me, when Smut is this hawt, who needs a gripping story!

All that's left to say is, I read the Smut...and it was GOOD!

Smooch!

Photobucket

9 Speak to Me:

pattepoilue said...

Ahah it's like the time my boy friends used to tell me they loved reading Playboy for the STORY lol bwahahaha ;)
Nahh i do understand, i like reading smut but i need a solid story and great characters...Smut for Smut just kill the Smut (lol)
I'd read this book if only for the m/m loving, could be verra interesting but i'd need a solid story behind;)

jaymzangel said...

mmmm yummy boy/boy lovens, that's always of the good. well written durty talk is H.O.T. Mega bonus points for not using any of the evil instant turn-off words, especially the C word. I HATE the C word in my books! Authors take note!
*SMOOCH* well done my darling

Sparklybearsy said...

@pattepoilue LOL yesh, it IS worth it just for the m/m fun, some people may like the story, but im spoiled now since reading all the fantastic paranormals, the tales are intriguing and twisty and the hook you in. If a book is just a regular every day story then it has to be awesome to hold my attention (eg. the previous blog mentioning Nora Roberts, she writes awesomely fantastic every day stories)

@jaymzangel thankens BT! *Mwaahs* oh yes, i dont know why authors need to write the yacky C word, it is an instant turn off, so much so i dont want to continue reading.

Smith said...

I'll leave the M/M "Smut" to you Claire. Just stopped by to say cool blog! I did have to wade through ALOT of guys, you couldn't put just one chick picture up for me, huh? mean! :D

PS. It's not just girls who don't like to see C**t wrote in books. I find it irritating, especially when there's so many nicer words to describe the female form.

Sparklybearsy said...

LOL a smithy comment, i am honoured :P you'll just have to make your own blog if you wanna see hawt chicks! =D

SusiSunshine said...

Love me some m/m smex. And I don't really like the c* word either.
But what I hate reading more is this: "I'm glad!" *ick* Feels like the big hugging and crying will start now and I always feel sick to my stomach when I read it. Yep, I'm a freak.
Sounds really hawt! Have to check it out!

Sparklybearsy said...

@susiSunshine LOL, thats a funny one Susi, but you're not freaky, we all have our weird pet hates in books. If a guy calls the heroine "dear" it makes me cringe. hate it!

Cecile said...

Oh wow.. SMUT ALERT was all that was needed. I saw this smut cover somewhere in blog land and thought... ummm...yummm....ummm... OKay... now I know I need to read it just for the fact that there is some hawt loving going on.... Your reviews crack me up!!!

Cecile said...

And FYI... I love the new look... I am a purple fan... Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comments! I love reading them.