So the naughty Jaymzangel tagged me to do this M/M meme, im such a novice with this genre, just starting out really so my answers suck :P
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all.
Here i give you a delish cookie -
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
Maybe just over a year, since i read the heaty frisson between Vishous and Butch in the J R WARD BlackDagger Brotherhood series
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
Hmm i dont remember, ive read many Elloras Cave ebooks that contained lots of same sex sexy time and more recently Shayla Black intro'ed me to man on man love, all i'll say is HAWT!
3. Are you 'out' as a reader?
Hells Yes, out and proud baby!
4. Ebooks, print or both?
I read both, hell if it was printed on the back of a cereal box id read it there too, but i do prefer the physical book in my hands, id always choose that first, then ebooks second.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
All my bookage comes from Amazon since my town sucks donkey ass for decent stocked bookstores.
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
Eeks...do i have to say it out loud? that will make me weep to know how much i spend, i like to tell my self fibs and say the book fairies dropped off a parcel of books to me *grins* prolly in a week i will order 1 to 2 books, and once a month i will splurge and get 10 or more, that is a happy happy day ^_^
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
Im all 3, i will admit a sexy cover will catch my eye first, but if the blurb is poor not even a hot cover can save it.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
Of course! the fabulous book bitches and their recommendations are making my purse very light indeed *grins*
9. Who's your fave publisher?
The ones that publish my books the fastest. I hate to wait! Nah, i dont have a fave, they're all mean to the UK publishing books here way after they're released in the usa =(
10. What about authors?
I'd need to read more m/m lovens first before i chose fave authors.
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
Nope not yet.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks.
HEE you so were ;) and long every time *grin*..... for books too ;) im a greedy bitch and anthologies leave me hungry still, i need something long *cough* to get my teeth into =D
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
It IS glorious smut, BUT my attention must be kept so the story must be just as good as the smut or its just a porn with pages. Im a romantic smutty bitch so i need the lovens along with the sexy time. And as my tagger jaymzangel remarked at least in m/m books there is no dreaded C U Next Tuesday word to put me off the book.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...
"He stays around to clean the man juice from the kitchen table with you" *GRIN*
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
I havent read enough yet to say what i am sick off. I be a m/m novice =(
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for an m/m/m who would they be?
Easy Peasy...Qhuinn...Vishous...Butch.(BDB Series) Right there is a book made in pure smutty heaven. GIMME!
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
Im Team Qhuay all the way, so im hoping it will be their book.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
Although i found the subplot weak, i did love the character dynamics in Shayla Blacks "Dangerous Boys and their Toy" But i'd need to read more to fully answer that question.
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
Ooo lets hope it PNR, all those vamp on vamps and werewolves on werewolves makes my eyeballs steamy in anticipation!
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Josh Lanyon is on my To Buy List for my next book buying session - cannot wait to see who this arsehole man is..hope he is delish, most assholes are unfortunately lol :P
And now to pass the baton -
i Tag - Loose Knickers and Window Lickers and The Geeky Bookworm